NDC’s work focuses on HOMES, JOBS and COMMUNITY. Founded as a national nonprofit in 1969, NDC has worked for over 50 years fulfilling its mission to increase the flow of capital for investment in low-income communities. NDC directs capital to support the development and preservation of affordable housing, the creation of jobs through training and small business lending and the advancement of livable communities through investment in social infrastructure.
NDC acts as partner, teacher, advisor, investor, developer and lender, bringing together technical know-how and capital for community and economic investment. We work with local and state governments and community-based organizations to help them create and implement their own unique economic and community development strategies. Over the years, our programs and services have evolved to reflect the changing policy environment, adding services and products to meet emerging needs. We provide technical assistance, professional training, small-business lending, debt and equity financing for residential, commercial, public, and nonprofit facilities. Our nationally-recognized training programs help build a professional workforce in economic and community development that can advance and sustain progress in their communities.
For over five decades, we have helped improve the lives of millions of people through new economic opportunity and community improvement, in every one of the 50 states and Puerto Rico.
- Raised over $983+ million in equity from private investors and created over 14,264 housing units
- Financed over $2.6 billion of social infrastructure through NDC Public-Private Partnerships™
- Trained more than 85,000 practitioners in the art and science of economic and housing development finance
- Loaned more than $539+ million 4,232+ small businesses (largely minority or women-owned)
- Financed 96 projects using New Markets Tax Credits (NMTCs), leveraging an additional $2.2 billion in financing for community facilities, mixed-use real estate projects and growing businesses
- Provided technical assistance that has enabled our client communities to generate hundreds of millions of dollars of additional private and public investment for their community and economic development projects and programs