The Capital Access Fund of America
Helping Minority Businesses Gain Access to Capital
As a lender focused on creating jobs and wealth among minority communities, the program seeks to provide minority business owners with the support and capital they need to sustain and grow their business.
The strategic partnership comprised of the National Urban League’s Urban Empowerment Fund (NUL UEF), the National Development Council’s Community Impact Loan Fund (NDC CILF), Morgan Stanley and local Urban League affiliates’ Entrepreneurship Centers, have developed the fund to offer systematic and quality finance and support services to minority small businesses including:
- Pre-loan coaching that readies a minority business for debt,
- Flexible, patient, non-traditional capital that serves the needs of the minority business and enhances its prospect for success,
- Affordable debt that does not deplete a borrower’s profitability and enables a business to build net worth and community wealth,
- Post-loan mentoring and counseling that sustains borrowers through the challenging periods that every small business inevitably encounters,
- Timely, collaborative loan processing and portfolio management that lessens intimidation and the fear of the finance community.
With plans to expand the program across the country, the Capital Access Fund of America initiative is currently being implemented within Cleveland, Ohio and Broward County Florida. For more information about how the program can help your business, please contact the local Urban League affiliate below.
Capital Access Fund of Greater Cleveland
Urban League of Greater Cleveland
2930 Prospect Ave E, Cleveland, OH 44115
Phone: (216) 622-0999
Capital Access Fund of Florida
Urban League of Broward County
560 NW 27th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Phone: (216) 812-3163