June 9, 2014
From our Friends at NACEDA– Tell Congress “Don’t Shrink the Pie!”
The House is scheduled to begin consideration of the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies (THUD) appropriations bill TODAY at 2pm ET. As it stands, the bill (H.R. 4745) drastically under-funds important HUD programs. The bill:
• Cuts the HOME program by 30%
• Does not restore vouchers lost under sequestration
• Cuts Public Housing Capital funds
• Flat funds homeless assistance grants
• Cuts funding for fair housing and healthy housing
Additionally, Representative Gosar (R-AZ) is expected to introduce an amendment that would prohibit FY15 appropriated funds from being used to implement HUD’s proposed Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing rule.
Contact your representative TODAY
Urge your Representative to ensure that these programs are fully funded in FY15.
• Oppose H.R. 4745
• Support any amendments that increase funding for housing programs
• Oppose Representative Gosar’s amendment
• Oppose any amendments that would further cut HUD programs
To contact Representative, call the Congressional switchboard at 877-210-5351.